" What I like about traveling Skip to main content

Featured

Maybe one day I'll get to live in a city with all the people I love

  Labuan.  Who would've thought this is the city I need to call home, perhaps for the next few years in my life. I hate finding myself counting down to the days I can escape from this place when I'm supposed to find comfort here — a place I find my peace, a place that feels like home. Sometimes, I wonder what it feels like to live in a city with all the people I love. With everyone I miss.  Would it feel like Southampton — home to my favourite people, the city where I spent some of my crucial years? Or would it feel like Kudat, a place rooted deep  within me yet somehow a little unfamiliar each time I return. Maybe Labuan isn't meant to be home in the way Southampton was, or in the way my future city will be. Maybe, this is just a chapter. A quiet, in-between space where I'm allowed to feel both sense of belonging and detachment. And still, maybe, just maybe, this is all I need right now. Living alone, away from everyone. Just so I can find myself, be my most authent...

What I like about traveling



Wherever you go becomes a part of you. I think I finally found a quote that eloquently speaks my mind about travelling. When I came across this quote a few days I ago, I just had all these feeling inside of me connected and I’m totally smitten at the thought of this.

I, for some reasons, have sentimental values on small thing. I keep those things as my valuable possession. For most of us, the memories we created during the trip are valuable and of course it is true for me too. But you know what makes the journey beautiful is all those small things that we collected along the way. Be it the sunset over snows, train ticket, pictures of alleys, little keychain, a free bus ticket from bus driver. There’s always something special about reminisce small things and how I absentmindedly smiling in reverie when those things just randomly cross my mind. One thing about traveling is that it doesn’t only leave you with memories, but everything you see, hear, feel somehow becomes a part of you. When you leave a place, we bring its essence to our next destination.

Comments