" Unsettled feelings Skip to main content

Featured

Maybe one day I'll get to live in a city with all the people I love

  Labuan.  Who would've thought this is the city I need to call home, perhaps for the next few years in my life. I hate finding myself counting down to the days I can escape from this place when I'm supposed to find comfort here — a place I find my peace, a place that feels like home. Sometimes, I wonder what it feels like to live in a city with all the people I love. With everyone I miss.  Would it feel like Southampton — home to my favourite people, the city where I spent some of my crucial years? Or would it feel like Kudat, a place rooted deep  within me yet somehow a little unfamiliar each time I return. Maybe Labuan isn't meant to be home in the way Southampton was, or in the way my future city will be. Maybe, this is just a chapter. A quiet, in-between space where I'm allowed to feel both sense of belonging and detachment. And still, maybe, just maybe, this is all I need right now. Living alone, away from everyone. Just so I can find myself, be my most authent...

Unsettled feelings


It’s been 2 years since then. I guess I’m now used to feeling numb, not knowing how or what to feel. I’ve lost the ability to articulate simply because things have been immensely hectic and calm in the same time, if that makes sense. Uncertainties remain, but never an easy thing to deal with. I don’t think anyone knows how to. There may be complacency in between all the mixed feeling I’ve been having. I merely survive because of this eerie thought, cause if I don’t show up all my effort go in vain. I have to keep unravelling this unsettle feeling just so I could keep moving despite not getting anywhere near to ‘it’. I guess I just have to keep going until I can taste the freedom and the serenity…..

Comments

Post a Comment

Drop me some "Beautifully Written words!